Universities in Bhutan
Bhutan, the small landlocked country located in the eastern Himalayas, has a unique education system that emphasizes the Gross National Happiness (GNH) index, along with academic rigor. The education system in Bhutan is based on the principles of Buddhist philosophy, which includes the holistic development of individuals. Bhutan has two universities, the Royal University of Bhutan and the Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, along with several colleges and vocational institutes. The Royal University of Bhutan, established in 2003, is the only university in the country that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The education system in Bhutan places a strong emphasis on preserving the country's cultural heritage and promoting sustainable development. International students are welcome to study in Bhutan, but the opportunities are limited due to the small size of the country's higher education system. However, the unique blend of academic rigor and spiritual values make studying in Bhutan an enriching experience for those who are interested in exploring the intersection of ancient wisdom and modern knowledge.
List of Universities in Bhutan
There are 9 universities found in Bhutan. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- Jigme Namgyel Engineering College, Deothang
- Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan, Thimphu
- Royal Institute of Management, Thimpu
- Royal Thimpu College, Thimpu
- Royal University of Bhutan, Thimphu
- Royal University of Bhutan College of Natural Resources, Punakha
- Royal University of Bhutan College of Science and Technology, Chukkha
- Royal University of Bhutan Paro College of Education, Paro
- Royal University of Bhutan Sherubtse College, Trashigang
Following is a list of 4 informative articles with valuable insights into universities and higher education in Bhutan.