Universities in Botswana
Botswana is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. The country places a high priority on education, with education being free and compulsory for children aged between 6 and 16 years. Botswana has made significant progress in its education system since its independence in 1966. Today, the country has a well-developed education system, which includes both public and private universities. The University of Botswana is the oldest and largest university in the country and is well-known for its research in natural resources and sustainable development. Other notable universities in Botswana include Botswana International University of Science and Technology and Botho University. The government of Botswana has placed significant emphasis on increasing access to higher education for its citizens, and the country has a high literacy rate of over 87%. The education system in Botswana is also recognized for its focus on science and technology, which aligns with the country's efforts to become a knowledge-based economy.
List of Universities in Botswana
There are 8 universities found in Botswana. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- ABM University College, Gaborone
- BA ISAGO University, Gaborone
- Botho University, Gaborone
- Botswana Accountancy College, Gaborone
- Botswana College of Agriculture, Gaborone
- Botswana International University of Science & Technology, Palapye
- Botswana University of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Francistown
- University of Botswana, Gaborone
Following is a list of 4 informative articles with valuable insights into universities and higher education in Botswana.