Universities in Cameroon
Cameroon has a growing education system that offers a variety of programs at both public and private universities. There are over 20 public universities and numerous private institutions that offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in a range of fields such as agriculture, engineering, business, medicine, law, and more. The education system in Cameroon is modeled after the French system, with the language of instruction being mainly French and English. The country also has a few bilingual institutions. However, despite the growth in the education sector, the literacy rate in Cameroon is relatively low at around 77%, with significant disparities between urban and rural areas. Cameroon also faces challenges in ensuring equitable access to education for all its citizens, particularly those in marginalized communities. For international students, there are limited scholarship opportunities, but the government and universities provide some financial aid and support for international students.
List of Universities in Cameroon
There are 18 universities found in Cameroon. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- Bamenda University of Science & Technology, Bamenda
- Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda
- Catholic University of Central Africa, Yaoundé
- Cosendai Adventist University, Nanga-Eboko
- Fomic Polytechnic, Buea
- Institut de Formation et de Recherche Démographiques Cameroun, Yaounde
- Kesmonds International University, Bamenda
- National Polytechnic Bamenda, Bamenda
- National School of Administration and Judiciary, Yaounde
- St Lawrence University, Ndop
- University of Buea, Buéa
- University of Douala, Douala
- University of Dschang, Dschang
- University of Maroua, Maroua
- University of Ngaoundéré, Yaounde
- University of the Mountains, Bangangté
- University of Yaounde I, Yaoundé
- University of Yaounde II, Soa
Following is a list of 4 informative articles with valuable insights into universities and higher education in Cameroon.