Universities in Greece
Greece is a country located in southeastern Europe, bordered by Albania, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Turkey, and the Aegean and Ionian Seas. With a population of approximately 10.7 million people, it is one of the smaller countries in the European Union. The higher education system in Greece is relatively well-developed, with a number of universities and colleges offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in fields such as medicine, law, engineering, social sciences, and more. According to the Hellenic Statistical Authority, there were approximately 477,000 students enrolled in higher education institutions in the country during the 2019-2020 academic year. Greece has a long and rich history in higher education, with some of the oldest universities in the world, such as the University of Athens, founded in 1837. The country also offers opportunities for international students seeking to study in Europe, with a number of universities offering courses in English and other foreign languages. Overall, the higher education system in Greece is well-developed and offers a range of opportunities for students seeking to study in Europe.
Top 5 Universities of Greece
Following is a list of the 5 top universities in Greece ranked during 2023. Click on a university to find its detailed information.
- #1 National Technical University of Athens, Athens
- #2 University of Crete, Rethymno
- #3 National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens
- #4 Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki
- #5 University of Patras, Patras
List of Universities in Greece
There are 21 universities found in Greece. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- Agricultural University of Athens, Athens
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Athens
- Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi
- Harokopio University, Athens
- Ionian University, Corfu
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens
- National Technical University of Athens, Athens
- Panteion University, Athens
- Technical University of Crete, Chania
- University of Central Greece, Lamia
- University of Crete, Rethymno
- University of Indianapolis - Athens Campus, Athens
- University of Ioannina, Ioannina
- University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki
- University of Patras, Patras
- University of Peloponnese, Tripolis
- University of Piraeus, Piraeus
- University of the Aegean, Mytilene
- University of Thessaly, Volos
- University of Western Macedonia, Kozani
Following is a list of 4 article(s) related to universities and higher education in Greece.