Universities in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States, located in the northeastern Caribbean Sea. The higher education system in Puerto Rico is similar to that of the United States, with a focus on undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields such as business, engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences. Puerto Rico has several public and private universities that offer undergraduate and graduate degrees. In addition to these institutions, there are also technical and vocational schools that provide specialized training in fields such as healthcare and technology. International students can study in Puerto Rico, and according to the Institute of International Education, Puerto Rico hosted over 2,500 international students during the 2019-2020 academic year.
List of Universities in Puerto Rico
There are 15 universities found in Puerto Rico. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- Antillean Adventist University, Mayagüez
- Bayamón Central University, Bayamón
- Caribbean University, Bayamón
- Carlos Albizu University, San Juan
- Central University of the Caribbean, Bayamón
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, San Germán
- Metropolitan University, San Juan
- Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico, San Juan
- Universidad de Puerto Rico Río Piedras, San Juan
- University of Puerto Rico, San Juan
- University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo Campus, Arecibo
- University of Puerto Rico-Ponce Campus, Ponce
- University of Puerto Rico-Rio, Mayaguez Campus, Mayagüez
- University of the Sacred Heart, San Juan
- University of Turabo, Gurabo
Following is a list of 4 informative articles with valuable insights into universities and higher education in Puerto Rico.