Universities in Angola
Angola's education system is still recovering from decades of civil war and underfunding, with major efforts being made to improve access to education and raise the quality of teaching and learning. The country's education system is overseen by the Ministry of Education and offers a 12-year education cycle, starting with six years of primary education, followed by three years of lower secondary education and three years of upper secondary education. Tertiary education is provided by several universities, including the Universidade Agostinho Neto, which is the oldest and largest university in the country. The literacy rate in Angola was 71.1% in 2018, with significant gender and regional disparities. Despite the challenges, Angola has made progress in recent years in improving access to education, with the government investing more in education and implementing policies to reduce the cost of schooling. However, much more work needs to be done to ensure equitable access to education and improve the quality of teaching and learning in the country.
List of Universities in Angola
There are 18 universities found in Angola. Click on a university from the following list to find its detailed information.
- Agostinho Neto University, Luanda
- Catholic University of Angola, Luanda
- Gregório Semedo University, Luanda
- Higher Institute of Social Sciences and International Relations, Luanda-Sul,
- Higher Metropolitan Institute of Angola, Município de Belas
- Independent Higher Polytechnic Institute, Cristo Rei
- Independent University of Angola, Luanda
- Instituto Superior Politécnico de Tecnologias e Ciências, Luanda
- Jean Piaget University of Angola, Luanda
- Luanda Higher Education Institute, Luanda
- Lusiada University of Angola, Luanda
- Mandume Ya Ndemufayo University, Lubango
- Methodist University of Angola, Luanda
- Polytechnic Institute of Malanje, Malanje
- Technical University of Angola, Luanda
- The University Lueji N'Konde, Dundo
- Universidade Katyavala Bwila, Benguela
- University Óscar Ribas, Luanda
Following is a list of 4 informative articles with valuable insights into universities and higher education in Angola.